Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Journey

As some of you may know, Im adopted. I was given up at birth and adopted by my family at one month old. I am currently in the process of trying to find my birth parents, and i have recently started the "official" search. I have documented through pictures, my journey thus far. This is a huge step for me. I started to look into searching my freshman year of college, and am just now getting to this point. before this last year or two, I had never really talked to another adoptee about our situations. My whole life I have had all of these questions and feelings and no answers. It can make you feel very lonely sometimes, and confused.
Sometimes you question who you really are and where you come from. There is a lot that you cannot understand unless you are in our shoes. Some people may not even understand that <--- statement, that is why I choose to talk more to my friends who are adoptees as well, about these issues.This is because to others, I feel they think its irrelevant or not important. I am so thankful for these people that God has brought into my life, you know who you are. Its great to be able to talk to you about this, and for you to understand!! I also want to thank the select friends who I am able to talk to this about and actually listen. You may not realize, but it truly means a lot. There is a lot about me that I don't think people understand. You can call me sensitive, or mean, but there is a lot behind that. A lot deals with this situation and some deals with past experiences, some from my childhood. ------> If you don't know what im talking about or haven't given me the time of day and asked me about it, and STILL criticize for it then you probably aren't a TRUE friend. <-------- So once again I want to let you know that I am truly appreciative for all of my friends who are there for me through this journey :)

Journey so far.
- Sent papers and $300.00 to Diocese of Palm Beach Catholic Charities
- One week later, was informed that my birth parents had been located and that a letter had been sent to them, to inform them of my location, and ask permission to inform me of theirs
- Right now, I am waiting for a response, praying that I recieve one soon and that they want to meet me.

The risk is that they may want nothing to do with me, denying me of knowing them. I am terrified that this will happen, but all I can do now is pray, which I do continuously.

To those who are on the same or similar journey as I am, have hope! Our day will come!

Theres a lot more that I wanted to write in this note, but decided not to because it doesnt apply to everyone, so just know that I wish that certain people would ask and talk to me about certain things before they criticize.






Getting the form notarized!


Sending the paperwork and check!

2 comments:

  1. I commend you and Jessenia, that takes great courage and strength to do what the two of you are doing searching for your birth prent. i wish you bothe best in your search! Also I cannot see how ppl could critize you, and dont ever think that it is not important, and if it isnt important to them then they aren't true friends, remember that!
    Be Blessed, and you will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know we've never talked about this before but if you ever need someone to talk to I have an open ear, heart, and shoulder!!

    I love you and I'm praying for you babes :o)

    "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
    Matthew 6:34

    ReplyDelete