Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Emotions

So Im watching "Kendra: Here comes baby " ont E! Well shes pregnant, and its Christmas time and both her and Hank's familys are there waiting for Kendra to have the baby. The men went out and got the tree, and the women stayed home and made dinner. On the little Confessional part Kendras mom is talking about how everything is perfect bc its the holidays and the family is together. Then the Grandma suprises them and kendra is soo happy. Her Grandma says she couldnt miss the "most important time in her life"

Soo the point of thlis is is that I was watching it thinking that I want to be pregnant during christmas time- when that time comes- and be close and spend time with the family ( mine and his) -- my dream is to have a big close family, because im not close with mine now
Well while thinking about this I started to think about when my mother was pregnant with me and how she was pregnant at Christmas time because I was born in April . For the first time it made me think wow.. I was with her for 9 months! She carried me around, I went everywhere she went.. people asked about me,she gained weight, she had to wear maternity clothes, she waddled around with me , her ankles swole because of me, people congratulated her, we spent a Christmas together, She endured labor with me, just to give me away! I cant imagine doing this. Of course this is a "duhhh" lol but Ive never really thought about it like that. Thinking about it makes me feel a connection to her that Ive never felt before. She had to recover from labor.. without a baby , without anything to show for it. I love her and I dont think Ive ever let myself think this deep into it . Wow... Just wanted to share that..
If your adopted,
Have you ever had one of these moments ? and if so when did this hit you?

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty deep...I'm not adopted but I did spend a couple yrs away from my parents when I was young...it was real hard cause when your young you never really fully understand what's going on...jus wondering where they at...but now looking back at it you realize it was done for a very important reason and your parents loved you no matter what. Thanx Ash imma go give moms a big ol good mornin kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you know you and i share the same feelings about this around the same time. except for you were born and i was given up around christmas. (sigh). i dont know how someone can do something like that, its incomprehensible.

    as an adoptee, i do one day dream of having children, lots of them and think of the holidays every time. creating a family is as close as i may ever get to knowing what family is supposed to be like. be love and giving love is hard, but i know that someday we will understand the meaning of it all. you are def not alone on this one. its bothered me my whole life, but ive noticed now that the older i get the worse this all hit me. but again, i dont get how people can carry a child for so long anf give them up like that...

    ReplyDelete